Received this from the tourism team here in Swansea, hopefully this will help swansea surf centre progress with the surfing development plan.
The revolutionary Swansea Leisure Centre will bring all the thrills of seaside surfing indoors!
A multi-million pound project is under way to re-open Swansea Leisure Centre in 2008. The new facility will boast a 21st century water park, creating Britain's leading indoor water attraction.
The leisure centre will boast:
- An indoor water park consisting of a network of pools, water rides, and slides, including the Master Blaster and the Surf Rider, which is an indoor surfing ride.
- A lazy river will allow children to body surf, and there will be an interactive pool with play equipment, a toddler teaching facility in the Lagoon Pool and baby classes in the Kid's Pool;
- Multi-purpose sports and exhibition hall for sports, conferences, exhibitions and concerts;
- Wales' biggest fitness arena with a comprehensive range of cutting-edge equipment and monitoring systems, weights and free-motion machines;
- Two aerobic studios;
- Health spa and treatments centre;
- Poolside café, four-storey Playzone, party and function rooms and a nine-metre climbing wall.
Standing alongside the National Waterfront Museum, this new cultural and leisure hub is expected to attract over one million visitors a year.